1. “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.”
Do unto others as you would have others do to you. It really is a universal saying, isn’t it?
2. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”
Enlightenment is liberation. Ignorance is imprisonment.
3. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
1,000 repetitions answers all questions.
4. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
There’s beauty and purpose in everything under heaven.
5. “The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage.”
Don’t discount the underdog!
6. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”
7. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.”
We all fail to succeed sometimes, but true failure is when we give up.
8. “He who learns but does not think, is lost. He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.”
Remember to keep an open mind, learn all you can, and think critically.
9. “He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.”
Don’t forget: your mind is a pretty sharp tool.
10. “If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?”
Hey, life is good, all things considered. Don’t sweat the petty stuff.
11. “If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.”
Remember to plan ahead!
Image credit: Rob Web, Flickr