Depression is one of the most mind crippling mental illnesses that anyone can stumble upon in their life. It beats you into the ground, makes you feel less than dirt, having little to no energy to do almost anything at all in the course of a day. Battling against depression is one of the hardest internal wars we are faced with in growing up and learning who really are.
This story is not about despair, however, no. This story in particular is about a loving husband who sees this struggle in his wife everyday, knowing that she is not in a right state of mind with herself and others. So what does he do about it? He finds the best possible way to make all of her stress, fears, and anxiety melt down the drain just by doing this simple thing for her happiness and overall stability as a person.
Moll, the woman in question, had been depressed from a variety of adversities that had come across her path. Posting statuses on imgur saying:
“Trying to do well at work. Just got married. Couldn’t afford a wedding. Family is sparse. Falling out with friends, yaddayadda.”
“I’ve not been the easiest person to deal with. In fact, sometimes I’ve lost all hope and even taken my anger out on my husband.”
Clearly, unstable and very upset with the unfairness that is the cruel reality of our world. Taking a trip to San Francisco, mentally exhausted, she had come home to a beautiful and sweet message written on her mirror from her husband. Titled “Reasons I Love My Wife.”
1. She is my best friend.
2. She never quits on herself or me.
3. She gives me time to work on my crazy projects.
4. She makes me laugh, every day.
5. She is gorgeous.
6. She accepts the crazy person I am.
7. She’s the kindest person I know.
8. She’s got a beautiful singing voice.
9. She’s gone to a strip club with me.
10. She has experienced severe tragedy yet is the most optimistic person about humanity I know.
11. She has been fully supportive about my career choices and followed me each time.
12. Without realizing it, she makes me want to do more for her than I have ever wanted to do for anyone.
13. She’s done an amazing job at advancing her career path.
14. Small animals make her cry.
15. She snorts when she laughs.
Soon afterward summing up her feelings to the effect of:
“I think he wanted me to remember how much he loves me. Because he knows how quickly I forget. He knows I struggle to see good in the world, and especially the good in myself. But here it is. A testament and gesture of his love. Damn, I needed it today…”
Depression is hard to go through alone and we don’t have too. Stand up for each other and fight in the name of love.